Was not feeling this workout at all walking into the gym. Had the mentality to just get through as much as i could. Days like these are more of a mental challenge than physical. When you don’t really want to workout but you make the decision to grind through it. When i was squatting the weight felt like each set had an extra 20 pounds on it an my form was shaky after getting 5 on most sets, so i stayed at 6 reps and didn’t push to hard and compromise my form.
When i got up to two plates on each side, i wanted to try and get three sets of 1 in. This wasn’t exactly wise given the day i was having but i gave myself plenty of rest in-between sets and didn’t rush it. Took my time and pumped them out.
- Stair Climber for 5
- Lower body static stretch
- Shoulder stretch
- Squats: 135 for 12 for 3 sets, 155 for 6, 175 for 6, 185 for 6 for 2, 205 for 2, 225 for 1 for 3 sets
- Leg Press (legs touching in middle): 180 for 15, 270 for 10, 360 for 8 for 4 sets
- Lunges: 60 pound barbell walking for 15 steps each leg. 3 sets
- Quad Extension machine: 50 for 10 each leg for 6 sets (Rest every 2 sets), 30 for 20 for 3 sets (resting every 2 sets)
- Calf Raises: 70 for 10 for 3 sets
- Calf Raise Machine: 115 for 8 for 3 sets.
- Hip abduction machine: 145 for 15 for 3 sets
- Jump rope for 5 minutes
Soon to be “Johnny Two Plates”