Time to get back at it and hit chest hard. I had a great day training back yesterday, time to carry that positive energy into my next workout. The length of my workouts are getting longer but my body is starting to feel stronger and I can handle the increased length of workout physically. The main obstacle for me at the moment is mental focus. After about an hour my mind starts to wander and I lose my focus on the lift. Since Goodlife now has Wi-Fi (clutch!), I can throw on some motivational videos to get me back into the lift and push me through to the end.
- 5 minutes on stair climber to get my blood flowing.
- Upper body stretch. Focus on shoulders to get them loose
- Bench-press (pyramid up and down): 95 for 12, 135 for 10 for 3 sets, 155 for 6, 155 for 4, 165 for 2, 135 for 8
- Inclined Press (Drop set): 65’s for 6 then drop to 40’s for 10. Three sets of this
- Inclined Fly’s superset with dumbbell shrugs: 30’s for 8 reps then 70’s for 10
- Fly Machine: 115 for 8 for 2 sets, 130 for 8 for 2 sets (focus on squeezing contraction)
- Chest Press Machine: 50 for 8 reps for 3 sets. One arm at a time. 55 for 4 reps
- Cable fly’s: 25 till failure (not counting reps) for 3 sets
- Triceps Pushdown (straight bar): 50 for 8 for 3 sets
- Triceps Pushdown (rope attachment) (drop set): 40 for 8 then drop to 20 till failure for 3 sets
- One Arm Triceps Pushdown superset with triceps kickbacks: 30 for 8 then superset to 12.5’s for 10
- Dips: 3 sets of 6
I walked out of the gym feeling tired. It was a good lift which makes two in a row for me following my rest day. Life’s about rhythms. When your feeling it in the gym, keep at it and every time you walk into the gym, get to that place mentally where you feel locked in to put in that good work.
Soon to be “Johnny Two Plates”